What is the Trinity Annual Benefit?
A: The Annual Benefit is one of Trinity’s largest fundraising events of the year. It’s also a time when we come together as a community for some fun. This year, it will take place at Hotel Nia in Menlo Park. The evening begins with conversation and cocktails, along with a silent auction. Later, dinner will be served and there will be a live auction. Dancing follows.
This year’s theme is, “The Gatsby Gala,” based on the book The Great Gatsby.
March 28, 2020, from 6pm to midnight.
Roaring 20-s attire is suggested! You can wear a real dress/suit or costume. The key is having fun! Here are some ideas to get you started.
There are several ways that you can support the Benefit.
- Attend in person by buying tickets when they go on sale; encourage your friends to do the same!
- Donate an item for Live or Silent Auction, or consider making a financial contribution if you can’t make the Benefit;
- Consider “hosting” a child or adult” theme party with other Trinity parents.
You will receive an invite to the Benefit, and following that, you will be able to purchase tickets online. People can request to sit together using this table request form. All members of the groups must purchase their tickets by March 6th, 2020.
You can email email@example.com with specific seating requests and we will do our best to accommodate.
Please let Anya at firstname.lastname@example.org know what you’d like to donate. You can drop off the item at the School Office, or let the Benefit Committee know what you plan on donating so that they can track it. Once you’ve made a donation, you will receive paperwork so that you can account for the item for tax purposes. If you need any help with that process, please contact our Director of Development, Anya Chernykh-Hodges email@example.com.
Please note that item donations close on February 14th, 2020.
Please reach out to Anya if you would like suggestions for what to donate or view our wish list here.
There are two primary ways to bid on items at the Benefit:
- Silent Auction. Bid on items at various tables on the night of the Benefit. The highest bidder at the end of the silent auction period wins the item.
- Live Auction. Larger items, like trips and experiences, can be bid on during the Live Auction. Our auctioneer will accept bids from people at the Benefit, the highest bidder wins the item.
Our silent auction is hosted online, bidding takes place exclusively through a website and mobile app (details to follow). The silent auction will open on March 13th and has two methods for “winning” an item: Sign Up (purchase a limited spot at a set price) and Silent Bidding (bid against other buyers – highest bid wins!).
Here are the types of Silent Auction items that will available for purchase:
• Events, Items, and Experiences: Generous donors have put together an incredible array of amazing offerings. (Silent Bidding)
• Trinity Treasures: These treasures are exclusive to Trinity School. They range from a special parking spot to one of a kind experiences for a select student. (Silent Bidding)
• Class Parties: Parent volunteers from each class will host a party that is offered exclusively for the families in that particular class. Our intention is that all families will attend. (Sign Up open to all families in the class)
• Parties for Children: We will offer a variety of parties for children to attend. The Trinity School Staff have created a range of options that we hope will be engaging and fun for all ages. (Sign Up-limited number of spots)
• Parties for Adults: Parent donors plan and host a wide range of parties. We hope that all parents will feel welcome to purchase a slot to attend. These can be a wonderful way to meet and engage with fellow families in a more intimate setting. (Sign Up-limited number of spots)
The Live Auction offers trips and packages that will be exclusively offered at the Benefit on March 28th. At the event, guests will receive a paddle. A professional auctioneer will guide this portion of the evening.
Fund-A-Need supports our endowment – allowing us to continually enrich diversity and make Trinity School an affordable option for committed families. A professional auctioneer will guide this portion of the evening.
If you are interested in bidding on a Live item or would like to participate in Fund-A-Need, please contact Trinity’s Director of Development, Anya Chernykh-Hodges firstname.lastname@example.org before March 28th. Thank you!
The Online Auction is open to all